Monday, February 26, 2007

Is It Just Me...

...or is the Academy totally wacko? I'll begin by saying that I am not a film aficionado. I see maybe four movies a year. I went to sleep last night before the major Oscars were presented. It's 10:00 the night after and I still don't know who won best picture, best actor, best actress, etc. And that doesn't bother me.

But...I did see the award for best documentary. Just going by the brief clips that were shown, Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth was conspicuously amateurish. He looked like "Mr. Policeman" in a preachy sixth grade safety movie. So how did that film win the Oscar?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not just you.....

The idea of a bunch of Hollywood phonies taking an evening to pat each other on the back does not interest me in the least.

It was not surprise that Gore won. But it seems that he may be a bit hypocritical. Read This.

SteveA said...

I thought it was a good documentary and recall that he was upbeat we would solve the problem.

Say, to change the topic, for a Sunday morning class in a few weeks I've been assigned the first beatitude. What does "poor in spirit" mean?

Thanks