Thursday, October 12, 2006

Thankful for Halloween

Theological misgivings aside, you have to be thankful for Halloween. If not for Halloween, the stores woud put up all their gaudy Christmas decorations the day after Labor Day.

Last year, at the annual Scaraoke costume party I attend, I wore a T-shirt emblazoned with a large letter "E". My wife's shirt bore a picture of a paper clip. I was E-male and she was an attachment (and if you know her, you can imagine how excited she was about playing that role).

But I need an idea for this year. What creative costume ideas do you have? What was your favorite or most creative costume?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark,
I have no new suggestions for this year's costume, but one of the most memeroable I have seen was the one from a few years back with the t-shirt covered in sponges. You were "self-absorbed." Reminds me of some people I know...

Anonymous said...

Here's one that is right up your alley, Frost (Hey, I remember Camp days when we all longed to see what goofy T-Shirt you would come up with next. I still jog in some of those - at least some of the ones that weren't covered in pudding or some other disgusting substance we rubbed on you)

Costume: Drag Queen - get a large image of the Queen of england and attached it to heavy cardboard. Attach it to a long piece of rope and then "drag" her on the floor behind you all night!

You can find more at:http://www.costumeideazone.com/index.htm

You're goofy enough to pull these off.

Peace,

Jim

ftwskies said...

Wear jeans, flannel red plaid shirt, suspenders, boots, stocking cap, and carry an axe or a big saw.

Pin a big "B" on your chest.

You're a [B]Logger!

...or just dress as a member of the Lions defensive secondary. Truly scary stuff, that.

--Jim <><

preacherman said...

Great post.
A few years ago I went to a Halloween party dressed a missing kid. I had a cardboard cut out of a milk cartin and with my face as the missing kid with all the discriptions.

I love halloween. Especailly now that my kids can get me lots of candy.

SteveA said...

Richard Beck over at Experimental Theology has some interesting things to say about how Halloween is healthy for us.

http://experimentaltheology.blogspot.com/2006/10/in-defense-of-halloween-psychological.html