Thursday, July 12, 2007

Missed Another One

I'm not a trend setter. I'm not much of a trend follower. I'm not even a very good trend observer. One sure sign that a trend is about to die is when I finally notice it and get on board. (I bought a leisure suit once. Yep, it was two days before "leisure suit" became a universally accepted synonym for "dork.")

So the fact that I've recently noticed several new cars painted a rust orange color may not mean much, trend-wise. Therefore, let me ask a few questions:
  1. Is this a trend?
  2. If so, has it been around a long time and I'm just noticing it?
  3. Is it a nation-wide trend, or just here in Michigan where the road salt is going to eventually turn all cars that color?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark,
Sorry to be the one to tell you, but the orange color has been a round for awhile! Tim ordered a truck in 2003 with the then "new" orange color. Gordon's is probably that old too! Looks like you're on the backside of another trend- but we love ya anyway!
Hill

Anonymous said...

Hill,

Doh!

Caren said...

Yup. You missed the boat. There are hundreds of burnt orange cars cruising the Austin streets, mainly because its the Longhorn's colors. So if you want to be ahead of the next big trend, go get you a Maize and Blue car. Go Big Blue!