Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I Can't Help Myself!

I wrote a little song that I thought I'd share with you. It's sung to the tune of The Beverly Hillbillies Theme Song:

Come and listen to a story ‘bout the Wolverines,
A bunch of loony guys, ain’t worth a hill of beans.
Everybody told ‘em they wuz gonna be great
Until they got whipped by the boys from State.
(Appalachian, that is. Boone, North Carolina. One double A)

Well next thing you know, they wuz dropped from the polls
Ain't gonna make to the title or the bowls.
But don’t y’all worry, cuz you’ll get to cheer again
For the fabled team that’s known as Michigan.
(State, that is. Green and white. Spartans.)

4 comments:

Jim MacKenzie said...

That's the kind of rhyme they teach at State? Hmmmm...

Carr's head on a platter... THIS is the coaches fault, plain and simple. If you can't get your boys up for game one against Appa-hootachee State... Bye-Bye...

Forgive my rant... You should have heard my daughter's... she's still going off on Lloyd carr!

Steve Baggett said...

one flaw - how can we cheer for the Spartans when they will likely have a losing season. Or if they barely make .500 and go to say - the Motor City Bowl? should we cheer then? I'm sure George Perles will be glad to have the Spartans in "his" bowl :-)

SteveA said...

I've a friend of twenty plus years from work who is from Boone,NC where Appy State is. We enjoyed lunch together this past Tuesday and it was a time of exultation. The students in Boone stormed the stadium there and pilfered a goalpost and placed it on the Chancelor's front lawn. He was having dinner some place when informed about it and he thought that was just great.

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the Spartans. We lived in Lansing from Kindergarten thru most of the 2nd grade and one time my folks took me there and I got to look into a microscope. Joe Lulitso (sp?) from the Pyburn St. C of C was there and worked it for me. His wife was Elaine. I wonder where they are now?

SteveA said...

Correction: I meant the Church of Christ on Banghart St, not Pyburn St.