Sunday, September 23, 2007

In Loving Memory

My dear brother-in-law, Tim Bass, died Thursday, September 20. We arrived a couple of hours after he went home to be with God. Tim has been part of our family (and I a part of his) for over 36 years. He was in middle school when I met him: a tall, skinny basketball player with a baby face. Over the years, he became a brother-in-law, a peer, one of my best friends, a colleague in ministry, a brother (I stopped thinking of him as an in-law long ago), an example, and an inspiration.

Cheryl and I have shared so many happy times with Tim and his wife Anne: wonderful Christmases, and some of the most memorable vacations of my life. He was a fantastic uncle to my kids, a genuine servant of Jesus, and an all-around fun guy. I could go on for a long time sharing stories, but let me just leave it at this: I will miss Tim terribly for the rest of my life. But I will also be thankful for the rest of my life that Tim was a part of it.

3 comments:

SteveA said...

Mark, I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you for telling us about him and what he means to you.

Gem said...

You, Cheryl, and the whole family have been in our prayers this week!

Steve Baggett said...

Mark, we love you and pray for Cheryl, you and the rest of the family.

May our God grant you comfort and peace in the good news of the resurrection of our Lord.