Wednesday, May 31, 2006

It's a Girl!

OK, I confess! I always swore that I would not be one of those annoying "let me show you pictures of my grandchildren" grandfathers. My first grandchild is still in utero and here I am posting her picture to the world wide web. How over-the-top is that?

But let me tell you what I am beginning to understand. Annoying grandparent bragging is not for your benefit; it's for the benefit of the grandchild! Every kid needs to know that he is loved, treasured, and valued beyond measure. She needs to know that her grandparents are insanely crazy about her. And you can't turn that on and off at will. So, when someone says, "let me tell you about my grandkids," please be kind. That grandparent's love is communicating a crucial message of unconditional love, acceptance, and honor to a child. You're just getting the overflow.

So, let me show you a picture of my grandchild. And yes, the doctors say that from this picture, they are 100% sure that it's a girl. Woohoo!

1 comment:

glo said...

Here here, from another annoying posting grandma. Looks like your little grandchild to be is as cute if nOT cuter than any other I have seen at that age. Congrats on your grandchild to be. Mostly though I need to say I followed your post in the Blog for Whitney and Laura. I too do not even know how to process my own emotions over what these two families have been through and are going through. I am glad "He" is not at a loss as to what to do.