Monday, May 15, 2006

Recently, I attended a retreat at Ashland Theological Seminary. It was the first of five retreats that collectively are called the Pastors of Excellence experience. Eighty pastors, all chosen following a thorough selection process, attended. I roomed with a long-time friend, Jeff Slater, who every night dutifully attended to his blog while I mindlessly surfed the web (he only thought I was engaged in meaningful activity).

Well, watching Jeff blog (see, I've already learned that "blog" is a verb as well as a noun) sort of inspired me. Jeff appears to be a regular guy, and if he can do it, then maybe I can too. So, welcome to my little cranny of the blogosphere. It's kind of spartan right now; not too many posts, links, or other furnishings. But I'm working on it.

And oh yeah, no one much knows about my blog yet, so I'm amazed that you're reading this. I'm like the girl in the itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka-dot bikini; not ready to come out of the locker room just yet. So, if you happen to like something you see here, leave an encouraging comment. On the other hand, if my posts are the literary equivalent of cellulite... well, let me down easy, please.

7 comments:

JAW said...

No cellulite yet, Mark, but don't get too addicted to this blogging stuff. It's in the 2.3% percentile of life's most important matters. :)

SteveA said...

Mark,

Hey there! Welcome to bloggerdom. After reading your posts and from my experience with you at Harding, I've no doubt that you will create some interesting stuff for us to read.

PatrickMead said...

Welcome to the blogsphere, Mark. It's good to have you in the community.

Anonymous said...

Oh jeez... Now I've got a picture stuck in my head of you in a itsy bitsy teensy weensy yellow polka dot bikini.

Mark said...

It was a metaphor, son! You're supposed to picture the girl in the bikini (and I know you know how to do that), then think of me. No, wait, that leads us to a worse mental image. Scratch that. Think of me in the bikini.

Anonymous said...

Alan, that's exactly what I was thinking, and for some reason Mark was walking on his tip toes while wearing it. Ugh! I need to go brush my teeth. I think something just came up that wasn't supposed to.
Mark, I look forward to reading what you have to say.

Anonymous said...

Looking good, Mark! I've got you linked now, you should be getting swarms of wacko homeschool bloggers visiting any minute!