Friday, June 30, 2006

I'll Probably Die Without Ever Knowing...

  • • The lyrics to "Hail to the Chief" (or if it even has lyrics).
  • • The name of even a single character on Desparate Housewives.
  • • The rules for backgammon.
  • • How to ride a unicycle.
  • • What red and green look like to people who aren't red-green colorblind like me.
  • • Why "pro-life" and "anti-gun control" wind up together on so many political agendas.
  • • Exactly where Timbuktu is.
  • • The difference between up, down, top, bottom, charm, and strange quarks.

5 comments:

dutro said...

something I'll never know is why the word "underneath" exists. Can you think of any instance in which "under" or "beneath" would not be sufficient?

Unknown said...

Every time I hear "Hail to the Chief" I think of James Garner's rendition in "My Fellow Americans:"

"Hail to the chief, he's the chief and he needs hailing. He is the chief, so everybody hail like crazy. Hail to... that's more or less how it... "

Al said...

Mark, if you want to learn how to ride a unicycle I'll be glad to teach you, but I don't recommend trying it on a Sunday morning before service!
Al

Anonymous said...

Well, thanks to me you won't die without knowing that the Borg are from Star Trek and not Star Wars. I meant to rib you about that right after service, and got sidetracked! ;oP

Mark said...

Gem - "We all make many mistakes. If anyone does not make a mistake with his tongue by saying the wrong things, he is a perfect man."
(James 3:2)