Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Quiet and Pirates

Things have been pretty quiet on this blog, and they're about to become more quiet. My daughter Caren and her husband Jason are in town for an all-too-rare visit. We are all leaving for Chicago tomorrow for the wedding of Sheila Neely and my son Alan. I love all of you who read this blog, but not as much as I love spending time with my kids. So, if I have a chance to post over the next few days, I will. If not, check back early next week and I'll tell you about the most amazing wedding ever.

We saw Pirates of the Carribbean: Dead Man's Chest last night. You know that you're not enjoying a movie when you're praying, "Please don't let there be another plot twist, because that will lengthen this turkey another twenty minutes, minimum." And to think: to get into the theater to see Pirates, we had to walk right past the theater showing Snakes on a Plane. What a blown opportunity!

4 comments:

PatrickMead said...

Safe journeys, Mark. Thanks for your kindness about last Sunday. I haven't seen either of the movies you've mentioned. It's hard for me to believe POTC2 is as bad as every single person I've heard talking about it says it is... but I'll wait and rent the DVD via NetFlix just in case. As for SOAA, that might be fun for Dunk and me, but Kami will definitely NOT go see it.

Jim MacKenzie said...

Frost: Have a great time with your family! Loved your comment on GKB's site about bowel movements and planes. Next time you see Phelps ask him about flying to Abilene with Mark Bell, BBQ, and restrooms. Good story there!

Anonymous said...

Now Pirates 2 wasn't that bad, it's definitely a rental though. Have a safe trip, enjoy the wedding.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Alan & Sheila, and to you and Cheryl. Hope all went well with the wedding.

Looking forward to seeing pictures!