Thursday, September 21, 2006

Farewell KB.net

Greg Kendall-Ball, caretaker of kendallball.net has decided to hang up his spurs and exit the blogosphere. His blog was one of the most widely visited sites among members of the churches of Christ (second only to Mike Cope's blog according to my own unscientific survey). Greg attracted a posse of Gen-X hot-shots, many of them grad students in theology, some of them heretics. Greg is a staunch pacifist in the heart of the reddest of all Red States. He was never afraid to stir the pot or to address issues that no one else wanted to touch. What was refreshing about KB.net was that it was a place where everything was open to question. Sacred cows were gored regularly and with glee. I found much to disagree with, but also found a lot that challenged the ruts in which my thinking had become mired. I came to appreciate the regular posters there as a group who were passionate about being authentic in their faith. Although Greg is quite serious about his faith and his politics, he never took himself too seriously. KB.net was always a fun place to hang out. His unique forum will be missed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Uh, now I feel silly.

I tried to be very careful in how I used my words, because I only wanted to convery that it was kendallball.NET that was going away, not Greg Kendall-Ball.

Perhaps you'll find this site interesting...

Anonymous said...

Actually, I suspected some ruse like this, but thought it was an opportune moment to give GKB some well-deserved praise. Personally, I prefer giving flowers before funerals. I really like Greg's new blog; especially the link to Meanderings. Thanks, Greg.