Friday, September 22, 2006

God! Politics! Christians! Money!

OK, here's the deal. The longest thread on my blog runs to a total of nine comments, and I think two of them were mine. That's just unacceptable. However, I've noticed that when Greg Kendall-Ball and Mike Cope post anything about God and politics or about Christians and wealth, the resulting threads run to 100+ comments. Although reading those long threads wears me out--and honestly if the original thoughts contained therein were converted to hair, you couldn't make a wig for a grape--the point here is about amassing sheer numbers of comments to my blog. So, please reread the headline of this post, and let's get ready to rumble!

A slightly more serious afterthought: could it be that these topics generate so much heated discussion because they are sore points about which we feel threatened by the radical claims of the gospel? Just asking.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Sex?

You forgot the sex!

Plus, in my threads (unlike Mike's) half of the comments are me responding to and/or fighting with those commenting. That tends to skew things some times.

ftwskies said...

I think the kind of posts you refer to can be of limited value. I usually see few, if any minds changed by the back-and-forth; in fact, a lot of times they serve to further polarize us.

But darn, if they aren't fun! :)

--Jim <><

Anonymous said...

Post

Anonymous said...

Frost!

Anonymous said...

There. Does that help your site counter? You're awesome Mark!

Anonymous said...

All right MacKenzie, I now regret saying that the point was sheer numbers of comments.

(Hey, this'll lengthen the thread by one more. Sweet!)

Anonymous said...

So is this how women can get men to talk? Just throw some meaningless comment out there?(Hey there's one more!)

Anonymous said...

Momofmany,
I didn't know that it was a problem getting men to give one-word answers. And as GKB points out, I didn't even say "sex."

Anonymous said...

I'm right! You're wrong!

Unknown said...

Oh, and you didn't include Harding.

My blog "fame" (or infamy) came when the Ann Coulter mess was going on. People showed up, and they keep coming back for more.

Of course, that doesn't work for everyone...

Anonymous said...

Mark,
Check out lorelle.wordpress.com if you want to learn the rules for being original. Although from her comment meter, I think you are right that no one cares about being original.

SteveA said...

Here's another comment. Best of Luck.