Monday, December 11, 2006

Forgive me!

Forgive me, readers, for I have sinned. It has been three weeks since my last post. I have no excuses except:

1. Moving into a new house.
2. Getting old condo ready to rent (painting, repairing, cleaning).
3. Trying to sell an airplane.
4. Figuring out how to get furniture from Texas and Arkansas to the new house.
5. A couple of crises involving people I love dearly.
6. Brother-in-law with cancer.
7. Sister-in-law with cancer.
8. Mother-in-law with leukemia, requiring wife to be in Lansing more than she's at home.
9. Mother-in-law and father-in-law moving in with us soon.
10. All above-mentioned relatives coming for Christmas, along with assorted other relatives.

Really, I don't mean to whine. If any of you are left reading this blog, I do have some posts forming in my brain. Stay tuned; as soon as I can, I'll get around to important topics like:

1. Corn crazed ducks.
2. Loss, grief and healing.
3. The church and public morality.
4. How when you're too busy to blog, you're also too busy to exercise and your weight balloons up to unheard-of levels and it's almost Christmas and people will be shoving sweets in front of you and you'll try to be social and your weight will continue to balloon and then your clothes won't fit, not that I'm whining.
5. Depression.
6. Did I mention corn crazed ducks?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your clothes were quite spiffy Sunday, liked the more informal look. AND love the new sidebar picture with Maizie!

Anonymous said...

Do I need to remind you that if you can't take care of yourself, you can't take care of anyone else? "Love thy neighbor as thyself" implies that you first have to love and care for yourself. Sometimes we forget that part.
You are after all, created in the image of God. What image are you portraying today?

Anonymous said...

I want the corn-crazed ducks!! Good to see you a couple of weeks ago.

ftwskies said...

booming announcer voice:

"If YOU don't talk to your ducks about corn... WHO WILL?"

/booming announcer voice

:)

-- Jim <><

Matt said...

And you talk about that paper having a teaser on the front!