Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Tired of Preachers

A snippet of a real conversation with two married couples, of which all four individuals are PKs (preacher's kids):

"I'm so tired of listening to preachers. It seems that they're just talking because they're supposed to and because they're good at it. It would be different if I really felt that they had spent a lot of time praying about their message and seeking a word from God. Of course, I can't judge whether they do or not, but most of the time, it just doesn't sound like they do."

You too?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I said this when we talked about it two weeks ago: Ouch!

I have been spending more time in prayer lately with the text and Sunday morning before services... I don't know about anyone here, but it helps me...

Anonymous said...

Well, the preacher at our church is intelligent, insightful, interesting, funny, sincere, prayerful, godly, incredibly handsome, and always well-prepared.

But seriously.....

Do you think this is a common perception? Are people really getting tired of listening to preachers?